Gilbies Bar and Bistro is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Our contact details
Stead Enterprises Limited. Our email address is email@example.com. R Stead and H Stead are responsible for your personal information.
Our website may include links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
Personal information that we collect about you
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal information about you including;
· Identity information such as your title, name, and occasionally, date of birth
· Contact information such as your company name, postal address, email address and telephone number
· Financial information such as your payment card details
· Technical information such as information from your visits to our website and marketing emails, your browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website;
· Usage information – including information about how you use our website and services
· Any other information relating to you which you may provide to us
· Marketing and communications – including your preference to receive marketing emails from us
If you fail to provide personal information to us where we need to collect it by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with our services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
How we collect your personal information
We use different methods to collect information from and about you including through:
Information you give us
You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our website www.gilbies.co.uk, when you make an enquiry or make a booking, or via signing up to our newsletters on the premises or via our website or when you visit us in one of our venues or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you make a booking, commit to our service (e.g. sign up to our newsletter or confirm a private booking), participate in discussion boards or engage on other social media channels, enter a competition or promotion, when you report a problem with our website or when you join any of our marketing or loyalty schemes.
Information we collect about you
Information we receive from other sources
We can work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We also collect, use and share aggregated data such as statistical or demographic data for any purpose. Aggregated data may be derived from your personal information but is not considered personal data in law as this data does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity. For example, we may aggregate your certain usage data to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific website feature. However, if we combine or connect aggregated data with your personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal information which will be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
We do not collect any special categories of personal information about you (this includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
How we will use your personal information
We use information held about you in several ways in the provision of our services:
· to administer and protect our business and website, including troubleshooting, auditing and monitoring its use
· data analysis, system maintenance and support and survey processes
· to register new customers who have signed up to receive communications from us via our website
· to process your booking or private event including managing payments and fees
· to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us
· to provide and improve our services to you
· to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
· to ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
· to make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods, events or services that may be of interest to you
We use your personal information on the following bases:
· to perform a contract, such as engaging with an individual to provide our services
· to comply with legal and regulatory requirements
· where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, such as:
· to keep our records updated and to study how customers use our services
· to develop our products and services and grow our business
· to inform and update our marketing strategy
· for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal information other than in relation to sending direct marketing communications to you via email.
If you receive marketing communications from us and no longer wish to do so you may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe opt-out’ links on any marketing newsletter sent to you or by notifying us at any time that you wish to opt-out at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You may receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or made an enquiry or booking with us or if you provided us with your details when you entered a competition or registered for a promotion and, in each case, you have opted in to receive that marketing.
Change of purpose
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose.
If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal information without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
Sharing your personal information
Storage and retention of your personal information
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the nternet is not completely secure and although we do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot absolutely guarantee the security of your data.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal information breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only keep your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for. We also take into account legal and regulatory requirements which require the retention of personal information for a minimum period of time, limitation periods for taking legal action, good practice and general business purposes.
International transfers of your personal information
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area.
Your rights regarding your personal information
You have certain rights under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations and other data protection laws in relation to your personal information. You have the right to request access to an/or correct or delete any personal information about you held by us. You may also withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal information. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide our services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent. Please note that even after you have chosen to withdraw your consent we may be able to continue to process your personal information to the extent required or otherwise permitted by law, in particular in connection with exercising and defending our legal rights or meeting our legal and regulatory obligations.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used which helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.